Wednesday, July 10, 2013

On the Road Again

It's been a very long time since Jim and I have gone on vacation together.  Last time we took a road trip was in 2006, when we traveled to North Carolina and Ohio.  We had our faithful poochie, Macbeth, with us, and we were gone three weeks.

Jim with Macbeth, Blue Ridge Parkway, June 2006
This time we are heading on a different route, one I have not been on before. We will be heading up to the Florida Panhandle, then cutting up through Alabama to Tennessee. This weekend we will spend in Nashville, then head up to a small town on the Ohio River in Indiana. After that, we'll swing back through the Great Smoky Mountains.

My plan for this trip is to create a travel log here on this blog.  I am bringing some of my favorite writers along to keep me inspired: Sherman Alexie, David Sedaris, May Sarton.  We have Siri on my iPad to help us with directions, and a GPS lent to us by Paul for additional help getting places.  I will be scoping places out as setting for stories and keeping my camera charged up for lots of picture taking.

I look forward to sharing our adventure with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment