Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Sunday Songs 3/23 -- Rivals Reunite with a Message

Last day of Spring Break.

I have reconnected with nature and my writing and physical fitness. Exactly what I needed.

Today, heading out to Lakes Park for a walk I was listening to my new favorite radio station -- classic country 106.7.  I heard a song by Toby Keith called "My List."  Wasn't one I was familiar with and it seemed to hit the right note with me.  I always have a long list of things to do -- this break has shown me once again that I need to by-pass that list sometimes for more important things -- like walks at Lakes Park.

I immediately knew this was my Sunday song to share, but was a little nervous. Earlier this week I had a conversation with friends about the Dixie Chicks--Toby Keith rivalry from 2003, and how it ruined the Dixie Chick's career.  Just didn't want to appear like I was supporting one side over the other, if ya know what I mean.

But Twang Country radio came through.  On the way home from my walk I heard a song from the Dixie Chick's Fly album.  I was happy to know this radio station played them both, and the song called "Some Days You Gotta Dance" reinforced the message from "The List."  So the rivals have come together to remind us all that as busy as we get, sometimes we just have to break free, crumple up that list and dance!

Toby Keith "My List"



Dixie Chicks "Some Days You Gotta Dance"




No comments:

Post a Comment