Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Sunday Song 3/16 "Saturday Night"

I have been going nonstop for a week -- finishing up the quarter at school, portfolio night, and other activities. Getting ready for out-of-state company.  Then being tour guide for three days.

I am exhausted. And happy. And ready for my week off.

So now I am just taking it easy, and so was looking for an easygoing Sunday song.  I found this video of my number one favorite song by the Eagles.  It has been a favorite since I first heard it on their Desperado album. Watching this video today I realize it is the trifeca of songs for my personal taste:  it's a waltz, it has beautiful harmonies, and it features brilliant mandolin playing by Bernie Leadon.  Oh, and maybe one more thing -- this lyric:

What a tangled web we weave
Go 'round with circumstance
Someone show me how to tell
The dancer from the dance.

"Saturday Night" from BBC 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment