Friday, September 6, 2013

Forgot My Phone


I read about this video in The New York Times last week, and decided I needed to show it to my students during our Invitation to write.  Most of them got the point of the video, and wrote about how we give our lives away to technology.  One girl sadly stated: "This was very familiar, as my mother is usually looking at her iPhone or iPad."  Another quoted Einstein: I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots. 

 I did have one hold out, though, who thought the girl was "stupid" for not getting a cell phone because, after all, "it's 2013 and everyone and their dog has a phone."

Yeah.

A little irony.  The day that I was showing this video, I actually HAD forgotten my cell phone!

If you haven't seen this video, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment