Sunday, August 11, 2013

Checking In...Finally

Finally back to the blog.  So happy!

It has been a super busy two weeks.  First, all the getting-back-to-school process, then a full Saturday in the classroom meeting parents, then a birthday celebration, then back to more sitting on hard chairs all day in professional development, then finally the kids started and I'm getting to know my 7th and 8th graders, getting to know the new routine, getting lesson planning and seating charts...and so much more...

Whew.

Starting this blog last summer was part of my dream to write on a regular basis, and as busy as I've been the last two weeks, I found I was deeply missing my daily writing. 

I suspect a lot of what is to come will be about what I'm teaching. 

****
Ricky made me a "happy happy happy" card
So, I turned 58 and no longer can honestly say I am in my "mid-50's."  I actually had a wonderful birthday -- Mexican lunch at La Casita with friends Natalie, Susan, and Joe.  Then a fabulous dinner at Cibo with Jim.  My family here in Fort Myers had a celebration for me last Sunday which also included Mexican food, some awesome gifts, a handmade card from my nephew, and chocolate truffle cake.

I am a fortunate and blessed person, living the life I love.  What more is there to say, except it all goes by too fast, doesn't it?

Have a relaxing Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment